Following are some highlights, full policies are available at myBJCNet.
You’re Eligible If:
- You’re a full or part time employee.
How Can You Use Your Time Off?
- You can use your time off for vacation, illness, injury, holiday, or family emergency.
When Should You Schedule Time Off?
- Ideally you should schedule it with as much notice as possible.
- However, if you have an emergency you can request time off for said emergency.
- However, if you suddenly take a day off before or after one of the six legal holidays, your ETO may be withheld and you may be taking the day off without pay.
- Those holidays include: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
How Much or Little Time Can You Take?
- Non-exempt employees (hourly) can use their ETO in one-hour increments for the first hour, then in 15 minute increments after that.
- Exempt employees (salaried) can only use their ETO for a full day, unless they only have a partial day left.
What if I’m Sick For a Whole Week?
- Your ETO will be used for the first three days or 24 work hours, then your Short-term Disability Bank (STDB) will be used.
What About Jury Duty?
- Jury duty will be recorded and paid as Jury Duty and will not count against your ETO.
What About Funeral Leave?
- Funeral/bereavement leave will be recorded and paid as bereavement leave and will not count against your ETO.
Do I Have To Use My ETO?
- Yes, use it or lose it. In 2012 you must use at least 104 of the hours you earn.
- Unless you’re a new hire, then you’re exempt from the minimum usage requirements for the year you’re hired.
Can I Sell My ETO?
- This may be confusing but, you may sell your ETO, but to do so you have to declare how much ETO you want to sell the year before the year you want to sell it in. There is designated time period for sales that will be communicated.
Can I Donate My ETO?
- Yes, but only in certain situations. For more detailed information see the ETO Donation FAQs